There are many MORE benefits to testing and trialling in Ireland...
Ireland is a member of the European Union and has:
- an educated and highly skilled work force
- a low corporate tax rate
- a supportive government where research and development is a top priority
- a well developed ICT sector
...and Ireland has a wide range of clean radio frequencies available for test and trial
This unique advantage stems from:
- Ireland's geographic location on the western edge of Europe which means there are few international co-ordination issues
- the low military use of radio spectrum
- Ireland's relatively low population density
- a supportive regulator, ComReg
That means that you can test and trial a wireless device in almost any part of the radio spectrum.
Ericsson Ireland used Test and Trial Ireland to carry out verification tests of GSM and 3G mobile phones against Ericsson network infrastructure.
"As Ericsson Ireland was granted test licences for the worldwide suite of GSM and 3G WCDMA frequency bands, this programme allowed us to undertake verification tests applicable to the global market."
John Hennessy, Country Manager, Ericsson Ireland.
To support innovation and help make wireless research and development a top priority, ComReg collaborates with Irish government departments, agencies and research institutes in relation to Test and Trial Ireland.
| ||The Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources.
| ||Ireland's inward investment promotion agency, IDA Ireland.
| ||Enterprise Ireland.
| ||Science Foundation Ireland.